Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Mexico

Thursday (October 14.): Well, it started out as me getting up at 3:30am. We Got to the Dothan airport at 5:00. We only live 5 minutes away so, we were able to get there at 5:00. We got on the airplane at 5:30 .... we taxied down the Runway and stopped ..... it was a 30 minute wait .....The captain finally came on the PA and said: "Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a delayed take off. The tower is not open and we had to call someone to come open it and turn on the runway lights."!!!!! I was like: Who in the heck heard of a airport shutdown at 5:30 in the morning?????

Anyway we finally took off (for Atlanta) and I forget what time we got to Atlanta but, we had a 2 hour layover (I think). We got to Albuquerque, New Mexico around lunch and we had a 4 (actually 3 1/2) hour drive up the mountain and we got to our condo at 5:30

After we got there, we had a few hours to change and get ready to go out to eat with the McAfee Family!! I had a blast eating with them!! The second I met them, I had a instant connection with that whole family!!

Friday (October 15): Will and Amy got together and went to a resort town (Taos) down the mountain and got the marriage liscense and while there, they ate breakfast. Dad, Mom and I went sight seeing and we to see someones ranch. We know the person that owns it and he said it was ok so, we went.

Friday night~ Rehearsal Dinner: We heard that the actor Sean Penn was filming a movie near where we were staying (at the condo) but, we had no idea that he was filming on the part of the mountain where the rehearsal and the wedding was to take place!!

We went to the rehearsal. I stood in as "Amy as "bride". I am her height and same age (well, I am older than her by 3 months) bt, anyway ..... Pictures will follow as soon as I get around to posting them. We took the wedding party out to eat at a restaurant called "Sundance Mexican Restaurant" It was very good.

Saturday ~ Day of the wedding (October 16): What a glorious day it was!!!!!!!!!! A day filled with family, friends and memories!!!!! Amy was gorgeous as always and God's presence was felt everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday (October 17) ~ Day to arrive home: It was an eventful day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time, Kate! Love how you described it all! Pictures?!? :D

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, pictures will come soon! I just dont know how soon soon is ... if that makes sense. I'm very busy this week and next week is Thanksgiving ... I promises to put them up though!

    ReplyDelete